The Babbitts

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Graduation, part 2

Not to go on and on about graduation (it was almost a month ago now), but it was such a special weekend, that it deserves a little more blog space. One of the reasons it was so special was because not only did my grandmother, Mary Lou Whitfield, attend my graduation (picture 1), but I was able to attend her "graduation" (picture 2).

Grandma received the first honorary Associates of Arts degree ever awarded by North Florida Community College (described here). One of her recent accomplishments, at age 95, was authoring a book of collected works that were originally published in her Tallahassee and Perry newspaper community columns.

In addition, the celebration was even more momentous because my brother Rick also earned his degree the weekend before (picture 3; Rick- please don't be mad at me for using your picture without permission). Unfortunately, I was not able to attend that ceremony, but was proud of him nonetheless, all the way from Arizona.

It was a good year for the Whitfields!!!





Next time, I promise more Nora...

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you. May God bless your family in 2008. Carol Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home