The Babbitts

Monday, January 21, 2008

4:55:00

The official time for my "First Marathon," the P.F. Changs Phoenix marathon, which I ran last Sunday 1/13/08. It was an amazing experience, and, although you probably came here looking for pictures of Nora, you're gonna get pictures of me running instead!

Mile 18:


Mile 20, stopping to say hi to Greg and Nora:


Somewhere near the end, I think around mile 25 or 26:


And finishing:

I think I look like I'm trying to fly across the finish line (maybe I was, I don't know?). And in my posed shot, I swear the photographer told me to stand that way!!

It was an amazing experience, I cannot wait to do another one!

4 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Princess said...

Congrats on your fisrt Marathon! You must be very proud! Glad to see your blog.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

This is so great! I am glad you so enjoy running. You must have a great sense of accomplishment. I would need a man with a knife chasing my lazy behind to get me to run anywhere! I have always been a crummy runner, even before I was a beefyknickers. Slowly mending my slothful, greedy, subversive ways. If someone who is actually blood-related to me can be so fit, maybe I have some hope?

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! and smiling all the way? Welcome to our elite club.

Geoff

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

That is awesome that you did it in under 5 hrs! I don't think I will see the day that I run a full marathon but you never know! What an awesome accomplishment. You look great too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home