The Babbitts

Monday, June 26, 2006

Mamamamamamamamaaaa

So I don't think she knows what it means, but Nora's first "babble" is mamamamamamaaa.... I like to pretend she is saying Mama to me, but she says it to Greg, my mom, the cat etc... With Greg staying at home with her while I'm trying to finish up my research, he says he is trying to teach her to say dada to me when I come home at night... very funny >:(

Nora woke us up the other morning squealing, so I ran into her room and found her and Mr Kitty lying in the crib staring at each other. She looked like she couldn't have been happier and the cat looked pretty comfortable as well, so who knows how long he has been doing that for. I wish I had a picture because it was very funny in hindsight - Nora on one side of the crib, the cat in the middle, and Nora's Sugar Baby doll on the other side of the cat, all of them lying there together. However, at the time, I freaked and threw the cat across the room.

This picture is not that recent, but I wanted to post one of me and her in honor of her first babble "mama." It is from Memorial Day at Keaton Beach with my parents and my grandma. Nora had her first splash in the gulf and her first taste of watermelon that day. Apparently she loves watermelon, which is not surprising because she does have Whitfield blood and it was my primary food source for half of my pregnancy!!

4 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Very cute pic and good story about the cat. I would have freaked too. I have added more insight from my Carrie Bradshaw alter-ego today. See you soon!

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nora is a gorgeous little thing. I like Aunt Mary Lou's hat!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Callie - That's such a cute picture - can't wait to see Nora in person:)

I am holding out on myspace, but I like looking at everyone else's page up there!
See ya soon,
AC

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Now you just have to wait for Mr. Kitty to get complacent and climb back in the crib so you can get your picture.

I was out of town last week (more details in my blog), so I may have missed you if you managed to get to playgroup. I'm glad to hear that the sling is still working for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home