The Babbitts

Monday, April 21, 2008

Darling!

Nora has renamed herself "Darling." This comes from a game we play, in which she hides and I wonder aloud where she might be, and, when she pops out of hiding, I say "Darling!" (think: Daaaahling!!) very dramatically and run over and hug her in relief at finding her ;)

So, a few days back, I asked "Nora, do you want some water?' to which she responded, "No Nora, DARLING!" and we have been instructed to call her that on several occasions since.

Now, I can remember renaming myself quite frequently (e.g., Cally, Cali, Kaloni, etc...), but it was maybe 5th grade, I had no idea that 2 years olds do this too!!

She does look very darling, though...

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Yes, indeed, she does look darling. She could have chosen a worse moniker, right? She looks so tall!!!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger AshB said...

Happy Birthday Darling's Mama!! All our best - Geoff and Ash

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Too funny - my 5 year old cousin insisted his name was "Max" and even wrote it on papers in pre-K. I think he grew out of it after a few months. Kids are hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home